Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Speak Softly

Dear Neophyte,

I am working on speaking softly and carrying a big stick. More importantly, I am working on LISTENING. I’m so used to trying to rush threw the conversation that when someone stumbles, I will finish their sentence for them. I’ve come to the conclusion that this habit is rather rude as you are putting the spotlight on yourself. Instead, I tried to wait a moment and see if the person I was talking to could find their own words again. If not, I was able to substitute what I though was trying to be said. I was very successful at least once.

Going alone with speaking less and listening more, I am watching my tone of voice. By making an active attempt to lower my voice and notch or two, I seem to sound less threatening, even to myself. Speaking quietly is a traditional mark of a good Witch. In speaking quietly, the stereotypical witch could listen even AS she was speaking. 

This is duly noted.

Salutations,
Sesh


This post is from the following addy; please visit if you wish to view the whole post in its original location:  http://witchhearth.livejournal.com/?skip=60 

No comments:

Post a Comment