Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Restarting Magical Studies

Dear Blacky,

Each time I go through a Dark Night I always fall off my wagon.  I understand what's going on and by now I know to take a step back.  Spiritual isolation is something that effects everyone:

Lonely
I give it my space and I take a break; I develop a new routine and when I do I find it very hard to get back into the swing of things once the Dark Night has passed.

Now, however I am getting back into things and I've come up with a new routine.  It's been so long that I'm starting over again just about from the beginning.  I'm picking up my Book of Shadows where it left off so I won't be copying down the Charge of the Goddess or other liturgy I've already taken down.

I have a LOT of information on my computer that I've amassed over the years.  I spread it out into folder labeled with sections.  At one point I had attempted to organize it all by degrees (as in a three degree system) that had me transitioning from Dedicant to Neophyte to Priestess/Witch and eventually developing my own tradition.  Since then my goals have changed and I destroyed the old system, but still kept a lot of the information.

First, never ever force yourself to learn something just because it's what everyone else is doing.  I don't care about things like divination or astral projection so I took these folders and put them at the end of the list.  I may get around to them someday but I know my foreseeable future so I don't need divination and I may be moving soon so I don't need astral projection.

How I Feel About Divination
I made a new list of only the things I wanted to learn: medication, medical herbalism, ritual components, magic scripts, and most importantly the religious aspect of this religion.  For the time being,and until further notice, I'm following an eclectic Wiccan way of going about things.  So far it's the most complete religious experience I have come across that resonates the most complete with me.

I Want an Altar Like This Someday
Latter on I can squeeze out what I don't like (as most eclectics are like to do and I'm currently doing anyway) and incorporate more of the Egyptian flare:

Kemeticism
Temple of Kemetic Wicca
Kemetic Reconstructionist FAQ
International Network of Kemetics

Most importantly are these links, which will take you to the Kemetic Orthodox Faith, led by Tamara L. Siuda (a trained Egyptologist).  The House of Netjer offers 101 classes in the tenants of their religious practice, the end of which entitles you to become an official member of the faith.  KO doesn't require you to give up previous religious affiliations, however if you wish to become a "card carrying member" (as some religions put it) you will be required to put KO first and promise to follow their leader's every word.  The second half of this is why I have not undergone the Rite of Parent Divination and been officially matched with the Names that created my soul and guide me in this life.

Kemetic Orthodoxy
House of Netjer Forums

So here I am starting again with my path, and during the last three weeks of school when I have so much else on  my plate!  In the next post I will outline my "Wicca 101" schedule.

Salutations,
Sesh

No comments:

Post a Comment