Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Natches Trace and Apothecary Field Trip

Dear Neophyte,


Up on the Natches Trace Bridge, the view is AMAZING!  It makes you realize, nestled in the magical foothills of the Smokey Mountains where there are natural earthen walls all around you, just how BIG the world is!  


I didnt take this picture, but I've been on that bridge.  You can walk dead center of the road and still feel like your going to fall off.  Both my sister and I got physically ill from the visual (we've never been that high above the ground before - were foothills girls and not mountain climbers!) so we had to practically crawl back to  her car.


But oh my GOD was it beautiful and worth every nauseated step further and further away from the 'ground' and into the 'air'. 


I brought back all the samples I took while on the trace, and tried to identify them on the computer.  Here's a picture of each (snagged from the web) of the most common ones.


Field trips to replenish my herbal supplies need to be routine.  I used to do this to collect ceder leaves and bark when I lived in Pulaski TN.





White Oak 


Black Oak 




























Chestnut
































elm


First step in my wildcrafting my apothecary full of medical and magical herbs!  Also, sorry for the bad spacing.  Blogger.com wont do the spacing right in the actual typesetting.  It will only show the bad spacing in the preview of the finished blog post (which doesnt help at all).


Salutations, 
Sesh



No comments:

Post a Comment