Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Samhain 2015

Dear Neophyte

The beginning of our Samhain celebrations. 

A bouquet of flowers for the table.
Ciders and wines for celebrants and offerings. 
Walking the tracks to the store and home.
I hiked through the rain for MILES to get and bring this Samhain fest home. It doesn't look like a lot but it took almost 3 hours to cook. My sister's partner made the chicken and I made everything else. Including the fire 
kiki emoticon The peppers are from my garden and are the same ones shown in a post earlier this week. See individual pictures for further descriptions.

We redecorate the livingroom every season, mostly changing out the hearth decorations,

Fall fireplace. Thanks to my sister's friend busting into our garage with the fireplace poker we were able to liberate our Mabon decorations and put them up (2 months after Mabon!). My sister's partner did most of this lovely work; I built the fire (which is unlit) and my sister did the painting.






Blurry me feeding the fire! The watering can comes in handy often :) 

The trick to stop the flames going up the chimney is to keep it low and wide.
kiki emoticon










Candied carrots (from a bag of carrots I got at a food bank earlier this week) --> cheddar slices for the -->stuffed peppers from my garden. Then roast chicken with 30 cloves of garlic in it to go on the (already sliced) whole wheat French bread I made. Tablecloth is a fabric remnant from the place I work. I also made baked potatoes, but since I didn't think they'd get done in time I left them in the oven while we ate.

Simple and elegant meal with my family. I really love this fabric remnant so I used it as a table cloth. The ancestor table is to the right.


Apple cider mulled in a crock pot. Lemons, oranges, allspice and cinnamon. It tasted like liquid apple pie, only without the annoying crust.
A glas of my apple pie cider. I made this dress by piecing together a pattern and adding a belt. It's super comfortable and I love the style.

As you can see Samhain doesn't have to have a lot.  Just friends, family, the Gods and some foods.  We didn't even have a kitchen table so our feast was on the coffee table in the living room.

Hope yall's Samhain feast went well and that you and your Gods are fat and happy!

Salutations,
Sesh













No comments:

Post a Comment